Well drafted contracts and policies are essential to properly protect both employers and employees and help ensure the smooth running of a business. These are especially important when the contract or policy will govern the exit or entry of an employee. A badly managed exit or entry may have very negative implications for both employers and employees. The right strategies and fair outcomes must be considered in negotiating contracts and severance terms.
- Work with both employers and employees to manage and negotiate entries and exits quickly and tactfully, pre-empting the fallout and minimising disruption and reputational damage to both the business and the individuals concerned
- Advising on collective agreements, mutual separation agreements and voluntary separation schemes and the preparation of documents incidental thereto
- Reviewing and drafting employment contracts
- Structuring retrenchment exercises and preparing all relevant documentation
- Reviewing and redrafting employees’ handbooks/manuals to ensure compliance with employment laws of Malaysia
- Structuring effective performance review plans
- Successfully negotiated the terms of a Mutual Separation Scheme on behalf of an employee and secured an ex-gratia payment of over RM123,000 which was double the original amount offered by the employer (RM47,000).
- Successfully negotiated amicable settlement on behalf of a local private company resulting in the withdrawal of a complaint to the Industrial Relations Department made by the former employee.
Our Employment Department offers consultation on a retainer basis to businesses and employers. Our hassle-free retainer gives you access to our qualified lawyers by email, phone or in meetings at our office.READ MORE →
Related Articles and Updates