Under the Building and Common Property (Maintenance and Management Act) 2007 (repealed) and Strata Management Act 2013, JMBs and MCs are established to manage and maintain common property of the projects. Their duties and powers include collecting maintenance charges and sinking fund contributions from owners; engaging management, security, insurance, cleaning, technical, parking, landscaping etc services for common property; and dealing with the developer, Commissioner of Buildings, local authorities and Strata Management Tribunals.
- Advising JMBs/MCs on statutory procedures, duties, powers and requirements under the relevant legislations with regards to strata titles and common property.
- Advising JMBs/MCs on dealings and issues regarding strata titles and common property with owners, developers, Commissioners of Buildings and local authorities
- Pursuing and defending legal proceedings by and against third parties with regards to strata titles and common property.
- Advising and representing individual owners against JMBs and MCs regards to strata titles and common property.
Successfully representing and defending a car park systems contractor (“Contractor”) against a claim brought by a third party for alleged trespass over a landscape area of a commercial development in Petaling Jaya. The Joint Management Body had engaged the Contractor to install car park systems on the landscape area, the ownership of which was being disputed between the JMB and the purported owner at the time. The High Court held that the purported owner had no cause of action and locus standi to bring a claim against the Contractor and the suit was struck out.
Reviews & Testimonials
- “I am very pleased and impressed with MWKA’s services, professionalism and expertise. MWKA’s success in the defence of my case is excellent news to me. What a relief! My deepest appreciation to John Chan assisted by Wong Chee En and under the supervision and advice of Raymond Mah for their excellent handling of my case. I highly recommend MWKA to anyone in need of legal services and assistance. Thank you again and forever.” – Ngian Siew Siong, Selangor
|Gan Chong Chieh|
|Anis Mohd Sohaimi|
| Karmen Fung|
Related Articles and Updates