Monday, 1 June, 2020
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Corporate Liability Provision under Section 17A of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Act 2009
About this talk
Are you aware of the new Section 17A of the MACC Act 2009 coming into force on 1.6.2020? Does your company have adequate procedures and an anti-corruption policy in place to combat internal and external corruption risks and activities? Join us for this online talk, in which our speakers will explain the extent of corporate liability under the MACC Act 2009 and what companies need to do to avoid penalties. The talk will be delivered over video conference using Zoom.us. You can either view the talk from your web browser or download the Zoom app.
- Introduction of the new Section 17A of the MACC Act
- Corporate Liability under the Companies Act 2016
- What are Adequate Procedures?
- Guidelines issued & Defence to Corporate Liability
- Cassandra Nicole Thomazios, Senior Associate, Corporate Practice Group
- Tommy Wong, Associate, Corporate Practice Group