Kar Men graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom in 2017. She completed her Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at Cardiff University and was called to the Bar of England and Wales (Middle Temple Inn) in 2018. Kar Men was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in March 2020.
Kar Men commenced her pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the tutelage of Mr Gan Chong Chieh and upon admission to the Malaysian Bar, she began her practice in MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate. Her areas of practice include general litigation, probate and administration of estates, land disputes, corporate and commercial litigation, debt recovery and family law matters.
Career to date
2020 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2020 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2019 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Called to the English Bar
2015 Attachment Student, Adnan Sundra & Low
2018 Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), Middle Temple Inn
2017 Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honours, Division 1), Cardiff University
Particular litigation experience
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Sessions Court
- Recovery of outstanding debts, Magistrates’ Court and Sessions Court
- Applying to Court for termination of co-proprietorship, Court of Appeal and Federal Court
- Advising and assisting in a claim by individual proprietors of a mixed development property to the JMB to fix single maintenance rate and to challenge the AGM’s resolution, Court of Appeal and Federal Court
- Applying to Court to set aside an Arbitration Award, Federal Court
Family law matters
- Applying to Court for the citizenship for an adopted child, High Court
- Applying to Court for Judicial Separation Order, High Court
Probate and Administration
- Applying to Court for Grant of Letters of Administration and Grant of Letters of Administration De Bonis Non, High Court
- Advising a developer in opposing a potential civil claim by a purchaser.
- Advising a registered corporation on claiming back misappropriated funds and on an unauthorised change of name of a particular centre.
Review & Testimonial
- “We are incredibly pleased with the professionalism and expertise of the lawyers in MahWengKwai & Associates. They have successfully recovered our long-outstanding fees from one of our former business partners. We appreciate every effort that the team puts in for our case. In particular, Ms Prisilla Chong and Ms Fung Kar Men who patiently answered all our queries and walked us through the legal process involved. We would recommend MahWengKwai & Associates to anyone for their professional services.” – Ms Loo Suet Ying, Steel-Point Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- Dispute Resolution
Insolvency & Winding Up
Media & Entertainment
- Individuals & Families