Eric Toh graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the Australian National University, Australia in 2015 and completed his Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2016. He commenced his pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Raymond Mah and Mr Richard Wee.
Eric was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2018. Upon admission to the Malaysian Bar, he began his practice in MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2018.
Eric continues his practice with MahWengKwai & Associates in the areas of general litigation particularly in family, citizenship, adoption, personal injury and debt recovery.
Career to date
2018 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2017 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2016 Certificate in Legal Practice
2015 Bachelor of Laws (Hons) Australian National University
Particular litigation experience
- Judicial review against the National Registration Department’s decision to refuse citizenship to an adopted child, High Court and Federal Court
- Judicial review against the compulsory land acquisition by a State Government, High Court and Court of Appeal
- Application for removal of director due to breach of fiduciary duties, High Court and Court of Appeal
- Application for adoption of children, High Court
- Single petition and joint petition for divorce, High Court
- Application for injunction and interim custody order in relation to matrimonial matters, High Court
- Defending personal injury and workplace accident claims, Sessions Court and High Court
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Magistrates’ Court, Sessions Court and High Court
- Dispute Resolution
Trust & Succession
- Individuals & Families
Will, Trusts & Probate