Renting out a property remains one of the best-advised forms of investment. However, the process is not without risks and challenges, particularly with tenants who do not uphold their side of the tenancy or lease agreement.
At MahWengKwai & Associates, we advise and act for landlords in disputes with their tenants. We have extensive experience with recovering arrears of rent and damages as well as evicting tenants.
We also advise tenants in dealing with unreasonable landlords and who are deprived of their rights to peaceful enjoyment of their property.
- Advising landlords and tenants on their rights in tenancy disputes
- Issuing or responding to a Notice of Forfeiture
- Applying for recovery of possession orders and writ of distress
- Recovering rental arrears and losses suffered
- Negotiate amicable settlements in disputes between landlords and tenants
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Dear Mr. Raymond Mah & Ms. Chloe Lim,I am writing to express my thanks and appreciation for the handling a difficult case that was causing me a great deal of stress. Both of you did an excellent job in spite of the complexities and very tedious nature of this case. So glad that I found both of you in my internet search. I have inquired and have gone through previous lawyers who were not able to help me get vacant possession of my property.
I am especially appreciative of the admirable work culture and ethics of the firm. All communication was promptly responded to and great care taken to ensure that possible trouble was avoided. Not only are you both very professional and knowledgeable lawyers but are very pleasant and helpful too. I have no hesitation in recommending the both of you to any clients who require legal representation.”– Kok Siew Chuan
- “Mah Weng Kwai is a big law firm with a reasonable price tag for their services. I had a pleasant experience working with this law firm as they are founded on the premise of truth and righteousness. They try their best to settle the case out of court. At the start of the case, they did a thorough due diligence to make sure that they are representing a credible client. My case was assigned to a young lawyer Ms Prisilla and Mr Chew, a pupil in Chambers, to assist her. Together they did a thorough job at researching the case and compiling all the case documents.” – Ms Thavamalar, Subang Jaya
Related Articles and Updates