The main source of Immigration law in Malaysia is the Immigration Act 1959/63 which deal with issues such as illegal entries, employment permits, overstaying or some other violation of the provisions in the Immigration Act.
We offer legal advice, assistance and representation to employers and individuals relating to immigration law and procedures ranging from the naturalization process, application for Employment Pass and Visas, to dealing with the Immigration Department in situations where individuals have been detained by the Immigration Department to avoid any unfair or undeserved treatment which could jeopardize one’s immigration status.
- Advising and representing foreign clients who have been detained by the Malaysian Immigration Department for overstaying in Malaysia
- Advising and representing foreign clients in respect of their rights and remedies against the Immigration Department’s alleged unlawful act of altering the expiry date of the employment visa
- Advising and representing foreign clients in respect of their rights and remedies about the Immigration Department’s unreasonable refusal to issue a social pass Representing foreign clients, liaising and negotiating with the Immigration Department in enforcing clients’ immigration rights Representing and advising clients in an application for Judicial Review at the High Court pursuant to Section 59A of the Immigration Act 1959/63
- Representing and assisting employers in the process of applying for Employment Passes from the Malaysian Immigration Department
- Representing and assisting individuals in the process of applying for Dependent Passes, Social Visit Passes and Long Term Social Visit Passes
- Representing client and liaising with various Government Departments to renew client’s passport for the purposes of renewing client’s Re-Entry Permit (REP) and Singapore Permanent Residence Pass.
Reviews & Testimonials
- “We are a non-profit organisation, and MahWengKwai & Associates offered their support on a pro-bono basis for which we are profoundly grateful. Ms Janessa Kok was in charge of assisting and advising us in all our legal matters involving the refugees’ right to work and our organisation’s volunteer program. We find the services provided by MahWengKwai & Associates very professional and helpful. Thank you.” – Julia Frei (International Director), Same Skies, Malacca, Malaysia
Related Articles and Updates