Dispute resolution refers to a variety of processes designed and intended to resolve disputes between parties. MahWengKwai & Associates has a long history and vast experience in litigation, arbitration, adjudication, mediation and settlement negotiations. The firm’s reputation in dispute resolution is highly respected in the legal fraternity. We owe our highest standards and our continued success to our consultant, Dato’ Mah Weng Kwai, who founded the practice in 1985 on the belief that there is simply no substitute to hard work and detailed preparation.
Despite the growth of the firm in size and stature, we remain focused on our core clientele of small-medium business (SMEs), family businesses and high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs). In line with our core values, we are committed to delivering effective and efficient solutions to our clients’ problems. This means we take the time to empathise with our clients’ circumstances and understand our clients’ objectives, while carrying out our duties as lawyers to the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
In 2015, the firm was awarded the Litigation Law Firm Award of the Year by Asian Legal Business (a Thomson Reuters publication). Legal 500 has ranked us as a Tier 3 law firm in Dispute Resolution who have quoted that “the effective department at MahWengKwai & Associates provides ‘prompt responses and practical, solution-driven advice”. Asia Law Profiles has recommended our firm for dispute resolution matters.
Our dispute resolution team comprises experienced and energetic lawyers with a passion for their respective practice areas. We handle the run of the mill matters in the lower courts as well as complex and precedent-setting cases at the appellate courts. Whatever the matter, we work closely with our clients to develop a workable strategy and provide our clients with sufficient legal knowledge to make informed decisions through every step of the legal process.
Our team of lawyers have particular expertise in the following practice areas below:
- Banking & Finance
- Business Crime
- Commercial Litigation
- Constitutional law
- Corporate Litigation
- Data Theft
- Debt Recovery
- Director and Shareholder Disputes
- Environmental law
- Family Business
- Insolvency & Winding Up
- Intellectual Property
- Joint Management Bodies & Management Corporations
- Land Acquisition
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Property Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Enforcement
- Strata Titles & Common Property
- Trust & Succession
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Based on my dealings with Raymond Mah, I am satisfied with the good knowledge of the law; vast experience; excellent analytical skills and ability to have a good grasp of complicated issues; great writing skills in preparing persuasive or compelling representations; quick response time (e.g. update of the day’s Court proceedings emailed to me before day’s end); patience. Raymond is particularly sharp, critical, creative and able to quickly make sense of what appear to be difficult issues. In terms of professionalism and quality or standard of services, I would rate MWKA as for better than many other legal firms of the same size that I know.” – Joseph Tan
- “We at BBT Solutions Sdn Bhd had engaged Richard Wee and his team from MahWengKwai & Associates (MWKA) for a few legal matters, namely litigation, company issues and matters in relation to real estate.
We are satisfied with their professionalism when dealing with each and every matter that was brought to them. They work in a timely manner and give us a sound legal opinion when requested, for us to make our commercial decision.
For us, we would put a recommendation to engage Richard Wee and his team at MWKA as they had given us an exceptional and quality service at all time.” – KK Chong, BBT Solutions Sdn Bhd
- “I would like to express my sincere and heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to the legal firm of MWKA especially to Mr Raymond Mah for his high professionalism and competent services. He was very thorough, fair and transparent in fighting my case, saving my reputation and establishing justice for which I will always be grateful. I also wish to convey my thanks and appreciation to John Chan, for a job well done and arriving at a satisfactory conclusion to my case. I embarked upon the action with some trepidation and was impressed by your manners and your patience in dealing with me especially on those occasions when I must have asked what could have been construed as pretty ‘silly’ questions. I cannot thank you both enough and I have no reservation in highly recommending your firm.” – JC Tay
- “Diana Cheak and her team are currently acting as our legal advisors in lengthy and tenacious litigation. Diana and her colleague Jasmine Wong are knowledgeable and competent in handling our cases. Both have demonstrated a high level of professionalism, efficiency, responsibility, honesty and empathy. Diana and Jasmine were always available to answer queries even outside their normal office hours throughout the four years acting as our legal advisors. I would not hesitate to recommend Diana, Jasmine and MahWengKwai & Associates to any individual, non-governmental organisation and corporation.” – Tunku Badli Tunku Ibrahim, Honorary Secretary, Federation of Complementary & Natural Medical Associations (FCNMAM)
|Gan Chong Chieh|
|Anis Mohd Sohaimi|
|Wong Sue Ann|
Related Articles and Updates