Data Protection is the process of safeguarding important information from corruption, compromise or loss. The importance of data protection is increasing today as more data is being created and stored. The laws and regulations relating to data protection are updated progressively. It is good practice for all business owners, employers, employees and companies, whether big or small, to be aware of data protection laws and regulations. Misuse of another person’s personal details may amount to a criminal offence in Malaysia under the new Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
At MWKA we advise both companies and individuals on data protection policies, disclaimers and contractual documents in relation to data protection and our team is involved in all aspects of regulatory compliance. Our team’s experience in both corporate and commercial matters and litigation gives us a particular advantage when advising clients on Data Protection options and policies.
- Review of data protection policies and notices.
- Advising companies on the regulatory framework of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Advising companies on the implementation of data protection policies.
- Drafting and advising on data protection policies, notices and/or disclaimers.
- Drafting and advising on data protection clauses in contractual documents and data processing agreements.
Advised and drafted several Data Protection Policies and Notices in relation to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 for private limited companies in Malaysia.
- Employment Contracts & Policies
- Corporate & Commercial Contracts
- Banking & Finance
- Regulatory Compliance
Related Articles and Updates