A large number of corporate transactions trigger litigation and require support in the preparatory and execution phases. Much of our work revolves around corporate disputes such as breach of contract cases, disputes over the proper construction of agreements, shareholder disputes, disputes over joint ventures, and post-mergers and acquisitions disputes. In addition, we regularly advise on corporate governance related litigation, for example, shareholder disagreements, disputes on take-over bids and buy out procedures.
At MWKA, we recognise that prevention is better than cure and regularly advise clients on risk management issues. We are committed to work closely with our clients and assist them in both domestic and cross-border corporate dispute resolution.
- Advising and acting for shareholders in derivative actions
- Advising and acting for shareholders in minority oppression claims
- Advising and acting for companies/directors in breach of fiduciary obligations claims
- Advising and acting for shareholders in shareholders disputes
- Advising and acting for companies in voluntary and compulsory winding up
- Advising and acting for companies in corporate voluntary arrangement and judicial management
- Advising clients on removal of company directors
- Advising clients on shareholders’ rights and remedies
- Advised and represented a property investment group in a dispute its purchase of shares worth RM25 million in a company owning valuable land in Cameron Highlands. The claim in the High Court involved the rectification of the share register to have the new share certificates issued in favour of the purchaser and to replace the directors of the target company.
- Successfully defended two related companies with an annual turnover of RM7,000,000 and its directors in a minority oppression claim at the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Successfully opposed two ex-parte applications to injunct an extraordinary general meeting to remove a director of two related companies and a claim for wrongful removal of the director at the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for a group for shareholders/investors and successfully obtained an order for pre-action discovery to formulate a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation against two companies and the directors of the companies.
- Acted and represented a company director in a matter involving financial assistance pursuant to section 67(1) of the Companies Act 1965 and negotiated a favourable settlement on behalf of the company director.
Reviews & Testimonials
“Raymond Mah is a true professional, he is very knowledgeable and always there to provide timely legal advice whenever required. He is very patient and helpful and has a knack for making complex legal terms and issues easy to understand. It helps that his team is effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin. We are very satisfied with his excellent services (since 2005) and grateful for his help. It has been a great pleasure working with Raymond. We would like to thank him for his dedication, hard work and patience and would strongly recommend him to anyone seeking a good lawyer.”– Dr Chen Jau-Fei, E.Excel InternationalRead more
|Gan Chong Chieh|
|Cassandra Nicole Thomazios|
|Anis Mohd Sohaimi|
|Wong Sue Ann|
Related Articles and Updates